Wednesday 8 January 2014

ROOTS: 30 day Journal Project

If you know anything about me at all, it is that I live, breathe, teach, preach, love journalling... so when an offer came through my email box late December to spend 30 days on creative journalling with Lisa Sonora Beam... resistance wasn't even remotely a possibility, let alone futile.

I was familiar with Lisa's work though her wonderful book called: The Creative Entrepreneur - A DIY Visual Guide for Making Business Ideas Real. Her series of exercises marrying one's skills, abilities, weaknesses, strengths, morals and values to what one loves, were some of the better ones I have ever come across, and besides, she had me at doing a colourful, artistic business plan!



What I have discovered within the first week days of this 30 day Journal Project has completely astounded me. Each night, when the day is behind me and the night is quiet, I snuggle down in bed with my journal and art bag, and immerse myself in a journey to the very core of who I am, using the prompts provided, some writing, lots of collage and occasionally art to uncover things about myself that have been dormant for a very long time.

I feel incredibly blessed to be a part of this amazing journey, where Lisa is holding sacred space with people who are flocking daily to join her with others who are already in session. There is no deadline, no cost and above all, no comments allowed. You are free to follow, engage, share or remain private.



In a cyberspace chock full of varying journalling, art journalling, visual and creative journalling courses that traditionally tend to kick off a new year, this quiet and gentle challenge is a welcome change, a steady beam from a solid lighthouse, which, when followed, could quite possibly lead our souls back home again to who we really are.

No comments: